Money and Debt Advice

Our Money Advisors

Our friendly Money Advisors, Pam and Maria, can offer support and advice when you need it most. They can help you to get the best out of your income and to manage your money.

Our Money Advice Service can:

  • find out if you are under claiming benefits
  • support you with benefit issues
  • help you to get additional support, for example, direct you to food banks or furniture projects (depending on your circumstances)
  • help you with budgeting and support you to manage your money
  • deal with people you owe money to

‚ÄčDont wait, contact us to day! We are happy to: visit you at home depending on your circumstances,  speak to you over the phone, or for you to visit us at the office, simply call our Money Advice Team today on 0300 123 1745.

West Midlands

Hello, I’m Pam. Before I became a Money Advisor, I was an Income Officer with Friendship. I now advise and support customers in Birmingham, Walsall, Nuneaton and Bedworth to overcome budgeting and money related problems. Before joining Friendship, I spent nine years working with local authorities dealing with welfare benefits.

To contact Pam Malhi call 0300 123 1745 or click here

East Midlands

Hello, I'm Maria. Before joining Friendship, I worked with Ashfield Homes Ltd as a Housing Officer.  As part of my role I supported customers affected by the recent Welfare Reform changes and provided debt advice.

I’ve  worked for over 15 years in different roles within the community, supporting vulnerable young people and adults by helping them to get more from their money, stay on track with their finances and get involved with community activities.  I’ve also worked for Nottinghamshire County Council: Adult Social Care and Health, Nottinghamshire Primary Care Trust – with the NHS Early Intervention Psychosis Team and the Shaw Trust, a charity for disabled individuals.

To contact Maria Griffin call 0300 123 1745 or click here

If you make a complaint about our Money Advice Service, and it is not dealt with within eight weeks, you can go to the Financial Ombudsman.

The Financial Ombudsman is a free, impartial service set up by the government. They can help with complaints about lots of financial problems including banking, insurance, loans and much more.

To find out more about the Financial Ombudsman Service visit

Pay your rent first

Failure to pay your rent may lead to you losing your home. Make sure you pay your rent first. If you pay your rent monthly you should pay in advance and not in arrears.

If you are having difficulties paying your rent please call us on 0300 123 1745 or click here to request help from our Money Advice Service.

Click on the links below to find out more...

Customer Training

Dealing with Debt

Borrowing Money

Loan Sharks

Payday Lenders

Basic Bank Accounts

Find out what benefits you are entitled to

Deal with Debt! Don't ignore the problem and hope it will go away; it will only make the problem worse!

Click here to request Money Advice!