Permission to alter my home
Please use this form to inform us of any physical alterations (internal or external) you wish to make to your property, which may need our written permission. This can include (but is not limited to) changing doors, windows or fences, and where you may need planning permission for extensions, conservatories etc.
In many cases, we will be able to grant permission in writing without asking you for more information, but in some instances we may need to visit your property to assess your proposals in more detail.
(Please note, you only need to complete the sections relevant to your request. Ensure that you have read the declaration below before submitting this form).
- If your property has Asbestos at present, you must not begin any works until a survey has been carried out or sent you by Friendship Care and Housing.
- If the proposed works are subject to Planning or Building Regulations Approval Notices, under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 or any other statutory approvals, these obtained and a copy forwarded to Friendship Care and Housing prior to the commencement of the works. This may be applicable for structural work i.e. erecting porches/conservatories.
- Neightbours must agree to any works that may affect them (applicable for fencing/fence painting and parking large vehicles on driveways). Friendship Care and Housing may contact them for confirmation. Under no circumstances should your neighbours access/egress be affected.
- Ceiling fans are not permitted under any circumstances in a room which contains any open fire, gas fire, gas appliances or any central heating boiler.
- All work must be carried out by a competent tradesman. All electric must be carried out be a qualified contractor (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT - certified) at your expense. Upon completion Friendship Care and Housing must be forwarded the appropriate Completion Certificate.
- All gas work must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered gas fitter and upon completion a Safety Certificate must be forwarded to Friendship Care and Housing.
- The entire cost of all works and associated costs are to be at no expense to Friendship Care and Housing, including all future maintenance. If work is not completed to a satisfactory standard, Friendship Care and Housing are empowered to complete the works and charge the cost to you.
- Friendship Care and Housing reserve the right to require you to remove the works and reinstate the property to its former state, entirely at you expense, should either party terminate your lease.
- Any damage caused to the property is to be made good to the satisfaction of Friendship Care and Housing at your expense.